Introducing this brand new offering from Burrell Education dedicated to supporting women who have birthed via C-Section, experienced a Hysterectomy and other Gynaecological/Female Surgeries that involve abdominal incisions. This 2-Day CPD aims to go further for the Soft Tissue Therapist serving and wanting to serve women in the sometimes challenging recovery period.
Unlike other offerings, we won't only focus on the hands-on skills and indeed this education has 3 key elements:
- Your education on the how's and why's of the major procedures so that you have a firm knowledge base to help educate your clients.
- The emotional/psychological response to these surgical interventions that inform how a woman recovers on not just a physical but a psychological level. In this portion of the education we hear from the clinical practitioners involved in these surgeries and the experiences of women who have experienced these surgeries also.
- Creating a small group practical and education offering for your current and prospective clients in your community that extends beyond a 1-1 hands-on session with the client. Because at some point, your clients might not need 1-1 and indeed every woman needs to know how to care for herself and your expertise can be more widely shared in a small group setting.
With a lot of the theoretical content taken ONLINE prior to the candidate attending the 2-Day LIVE education and an 'eternal access filmed library' of the techniques used in class, you'll be able to literally take this class over and over again to truly hone your skills and create an offering that has the ability to transform the lives of your clients.
Pre-Requisites For Attendance: You must already be a full certified and insured Massage/Soft Tissue Therapist (Any Discipline)
The ONLINE Pre-Learning Content
- The C-Section Procedure
- The Hysterectomy Procedures
- The Anatomy of the Abdominal Wall
- The Tummy Tuck Procedure and Laproscopic Interventions
- Collagen, Scar Tissue and Scar Formation and Adhesions
- Guide to Abdominal Surgeries and Their Scars
- Fascia and the Myofascial System/Myofasical Lines
- The Phases of Wound Healing and Nutrition for Wound Healing
- Abdominal/Pelvic Surgeries and Recovery - A Bio-Psycho-Emotional Perspective - What the textbooks don't teach us!
The LIVE + Hands-On Content
- Recovering Faulty Breathing Patterns Using Hands On and Visualization Strategies - Practical
- The Mechanics of Breathing
- The Power of Touch and Skin Mechanoreceptors
- Reconnecting the Core to the Breath = Local and Global Strategies
- Lifestyle and Nutrition and Connective Tissue Health
- Parasympathetic Training to Improve Vagal Tone and Assist Clients with Nervous System Downtraining
- Superficial and Deep Abdominal Massage/Soft Tissue Strategies
- Instrument Assisted Massage for Superficial Fascial and Scar Release
- Kineseotaping for Post Operative Odema
- STR (Soft Tissue Release) For Abdominal Adhesions and Trigger Points
- 'Local to Global' Scar Mobilization Strategies
- Application of Silicone Products
- Putting It All Together - Planning Your Therapy Session
- Putting It All Together - Planning Your Clients' Home Care
- Additional Video Content Demonstrating 'Home Care Mobilizations'
**BONUS** Creating a Workshop/Client Attraction Offering Blueprint - the ESSENTIALS of planning, promoting and facilitating a meaningful offering to women in your locality.
**BONUS**Plus students can enjoy a £100 discount for the Optimal Health After Hysterectomy ONLINE Course and discounts for the purchase of Rocktape.
I sincerely believe that the conversation regarding the Soft Tissue Therapist can't only be about our application of hands-on strategies, we need to go deeper and acknowledge the emotional/psychological impact of these surgeries on the women we serve and then know how to reach them in our communites. This education will give you the tools to know more, do more and serve deeper.
New Dates For 2019
limited to 10 spaces per weekend
Location: Physiotherapy Department, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
9am start til 5pm end both days
(Instalments Options Available)
Saturday 9th & Sunday
Saturday 18th & Sunday
Saturday 14th & Sunday
Your Complimentary Course Swag Bag!!
Every Candidate will receive their very own Course Swag Bag which includes:
A copy of Sue Croft's 'Pelvic Floor Recovery'
A Netti Pot, Saline Solution Sachets and Cleaner
Hard Copy, Fully Illustrated Manual
Silicone Scar Sheets
And will be able to experience the IAM Polycarbonate Tool (Can also be purchased on the course)
Your Tutor: Jenny Burrell
Jenny Burrell is the Head of Burrell Education and with over 20 years dedicated to the fitness, soft-tissue therapy, nutrition of and wellness of the Pregnant, Post Natal and Peri-to-Post-Menopausal woman. Jenny travels the globe as a highly sought after international presenter and is also the creator of Holistic Core Restore®, a ground breaking, integrated suite of Pelvic Health programmes designed for women at all life phases and leads a global group of 80+ Licensees that span the globe. Burrell Education is dedicated to elevated the 'art and soul of serving women' to it's highest level.....#justaimforexcellent! You can find out more about Jenny, Burrell Education and Holistic Core Restore® here.
**BONUS** All Burrell Education Course Attendees will also received a copy of our "How to Plan and Execute Your Best Business Year Yet" hard copy manual and FREE access to the Burrell Education Business Hub Group and full access to 'business building' tutorials delivered by a range of experts.......ESSENTIAL to ensure you truly make the most of your education.