Introducing this brand new offering from Burrell Education dedicated to supporting women who have birthed via C-Section, experienced a Hysterectomy and other Gynaecological/Female Surgeries that involve abdominal incisions. This 2-Day CPD aims to go further for the Soft Tissue Therapist serving and wanting to serve women in the sometimes challenging recovery period.
Unlike other offerings, we won't only focus on the hands-on skills and indeed this education has 3 key elements:
- Your education on the how's and why's of the major procedures so that you have a firm knowledge base to help educate your clients.
- The emotional/psychological response to these surgical interventions that inform how a woman recovers on not just a physical but a psychological level. In this portion of the education we hear from the clinical practitioners involved in these surgeries and the experiences of women who have experienced these surgeries also.
- Creating a small group practical and education offering for your current and prospective clients in your community that extends beyond a 1-1 hands-on session with the client. Because at some point, your clients might not need 1-1 and indeed every woman needs to know how to care for herself and your expertise can be more widely shared in a small group setting.
With a lot of the theoretical content taken ONLINE prior to the candidate attending the 2-Day LIVE education and an 'eternal access filmed library' of the techniques used in class, you'll be able to literally take this class over and over again to truly hone your skills and create an offering that has the ability to transform the lives of your clients.
The ONLINE Pre-Learning Content
- The C-Section Procedure
- The Hysterectomy Procedure
- Tummy Tucks and Laproscopic Interventions
- The Lymphatic System - Overview
- Scars and Adhesions and Motor and Nervous System Dysfunctions
- Fascia and the Myofascial System
- Optimal Breathing and How to Recover Faulty Patterns - Theory
- Post Surgery Guarding Patterns and Optimal Alignment
- 4- Key Steps for Screening Females With Abdominal Trauma
- Abdominal Surgeries and Recovery - A Bio-Psycho-Emotional Perspective - What the textbooks don't teach us!
- The Clinicians View Point - Video Interviews with those who perform surgeries and the Midwife's perspective on C-Section.
- The Women's Stories - Interviews with women who have experienced abdominal surgeries and the after-effects.
The LIVE Hands-On Content
- Recovering Faulty Breathing Patterns Using Hands On and Visualization Strategies - Practical
- Reconnecting the Core = Local and Global Strategies
- Parasympathetic Training to Improve Vagal Tone and Assist Clients with Nervous System Downtraining
- Superficial and Deep Abdominal Massage/Soft Tissue Strategies
- Instrument Assisted Massage for Superficial Fascial Release
- Kineseotaping for Post Operative Odema
- STR (Soft Tissue Release) For Abdominal Adhesions and Trigger Points
- Scar Mobilization Strategies
- Application of Silicone Products
- Correcting Muscular Imbalances in the Abdominal Wall and Inner Unit
- Positive Nutrition For Soft Tissue Recovery
- Putting It All Together - Planning Your Therapy Session
- Putting It All Together - Planning Your Clients' Home Care
**BONUS** Creating a Workshop/Client Attraction Offering Blueprint - the ESSENTIALS of planning, promoting and facilitating a meaningful offering to women in your locality.
I sincerely believe that the conversation regarding the Soft Tissue Therapist can't only be about our application of hands-on strategies, we need to go deeper and acknowledge the emotional/psychological impact of these surgeries on the women we serve and then know how to reach them in our communites. This education will give you the tools to know more, do more and serve deeper.
Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th February, 2018
Location: Physiotherapy Department, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
10 Places Available - sorry to disappoint.....
Please join the Burrell Education Student Support Group to be alerted to more 2018 dates
(Pay in 2, 3 or 6 Instalments Options Available)