Introducing this brand new LEARN ANYWHERE - COVID VERSION of this best-selling offering from Burrell Education dedicated to supporting women who have birthed via C-Section, experienced a Hysterectomy and other Gynaecological/Female Surgeries that involve abdominal incisions. This now VIRTUAL CPD aims to go further for the Soft Tissue Therapist serving and wanting to serve women in the sometimes challenging recovery period.
Unlike other offerings, we won't only focus on the hands-on skills and indeed this education has additional KEY elements:
- Your education on the how's and why's of the major procedures so that you have a firm knowledge base to help educate your clients.
- The emotional/psychological response to these surgical interventions that inform how a woman recovers on not just a physical but a psychological level. In this portion of the education we hear from the clinical practitioners involved in these surgeries and the experiences of women who have experienced these surgeries also.
- Creating a small group practical and education offering for your current and prospective clients in your community that extends beyond a 1-1 hands-on session with the client. Because at some point, your clients might not need 1-1 and indeed every woman needs to know how to care for herself and your expertise can be more widely shared in a small group setting.
Candidates Also Have Access To:
- An ETERNAL ACCESS, COMPREHENSIVE Video Library detailing ALL techniques used within this education
- A 'share with your clients' Self-Massage Scar, Abdomen, Water Retention and Constipation Video
- A 'share with your clients' Anterior Lines Gentle Mobilization Video
- Supportive Nutrition For Soft Tissue Recovery Video Presentation
Pre-Requisites For Attendance: You must already be a full certified and insured Massage/Soft Tissue Therapist/Manual Therapist/Bodyworker (Any Discipline)
The Foundation Theory Content
- The Anatomy of the Abdominal Wall and Lumbopelvic Region
- The C-Section Procedure + Scar Considerations
- The Hysterectomy Procedures, Terminology + Scar Considerations
- The 'Tummy Tuck'/Abdominoplasty/Diastasis Recti Repair Procedures and Abdominal Laproscopic Interventions
- Overview of Autologous Donor Sites For Breast Cancer Surgery in Relation to Abdominal Scarring
- Collagen, Scar Tissue and Scar Formation and Adhesions
- The Power and Perception of Touch and Cutaneous Mechanoreceptors
- Guide to Other Common Abdominal Surgeries and Scar Considerations
- The Anatomy of Optimal Respiration
- Fascia and the Myofascial System/Myofasical Lines
- Theory and Rationale of Adjunct Soft Tissue Strategies for Scar Release - STR (Soft Tissue Release), 'Body Position Drivers', Instrument Assisted Massage, Myofascial Release, Breathwork.
- The Phases of Wound Healing and Nutrition for Wound Healing
- Abdominal/Pelvic Surgeries and Recovery - A Bio-Psycho-Emotional Perspective - What the textbooks don't teach us!
Hands-On Content - ONLINE SELF-STUDY
Delivered Via Pre-Recorded High Quality Video Demonstration of All Techniques PLUS Rationale For Usage
- Client Assessment
- Assessing for and Recovering Faulty Breathing Patterns
- Reconnecting the Core to the Breath = Local and Global Strategies
- 'Local to Global' Hands On Scar Mobilization/Release Strategies
- 'Global to Local' Hands On and Off Scar Mobilization/Release Strategies
- Superficial and Deep Abdominal Massage/Soft Tissue Strategies
- Instrument Assisted Massage for Superficial Fascia and Scar Release
- Kineseotaping for Post Operative Odema
- STR (Soft Tissue Release) For Abdominal and Global Adhesions, Myofascial Restrictions and Trigger Points
- Myofascial Release for Scars - Local and Global Strategies
- Putting It All Together - Planning Your Therapy Session
- Putting It All Together - Planning Your Clients' Home/Self-Care
Hands-On Content - LIVE STREAM DAY
Delivered Via a 1-Day Interactive, Multi-Camera Professional Live Stream Direct to Students At Home
Practical 1 Review: Hands On Assessment of the Abdominal Wall and Scar + Assessment/Restoration of Optimal Respiration
Practical 2 Review: Direct to Scar and Proximal to Scar Techniques including the use of hand, Instrument Assisted Massage, Soft Tissue Release and Myofascial Release.
Practical 3 Review: Proximal to Distal Scar Release Techniques using 'Body Position Drivers', Soft Tissue Release and Myofascial Release.
Practical 4 Review: Kineseotaping for Post Surgical Odema
Practical 5 Review: Planning Your Client Session + After Care PLUS Building a Business/Offering that GETS RESULTS + clients RAVE ABOUT!
How Will This All Work? How Will I Learn? How Am I Assessed? How Am I Supported?
- On purchase of this education, whether by instalments of in full, you will automatically be sent your login details to the BE Membership Portal where all the ONLINE - SELF-STUDY CONTENT is located.
- You'll also be sent the link to access the Facebook Support Group for this course where you'll be able to communicate with Jenny and the team in order to support your self study.
- There is a 10 question test at the end of your ONLINE THEORY CONTENT that you need to pass with an 80% pass mark (multiple try's are allowed).
- After you've completed your study of the ONLINE THEORY AND PRACTICAL CONTENT, you'll attend the INTERACTIVE LIVESTREAM where Jenny will go through all techniques within the 5 Practical Session listed above and you will have an opportunity to either practice your skills alongside or observe and ask question/gain clarification on the techniques demonstrated.
- In order to receive your certificate for this course, you will need to create a video of yourself demonstrating any 2 techniques taken from this course and explain your rationale for their use in a treatment session. Once this is received and assessed by the team as a pass, you will have officially completed your course and will receive your certificate via our online portal.
- Beyond the 'study to certification' period, all candidates are able to receive additional support via the Burrell Education Student Support Group.
**BONUS** Creating a Workshop/Client Attraction Offering Blueprint - the ESSENTIALS of planning, promoting and facilitating a meaningful offering to women in your locality.
**BONUS**Plus students can enjoy a £100 discount for the Optimal Health After Hysterectomy ONLINE Course and discounts for the purchase of Rocktape.
I sincerely believe that the conversation regarding the Soft Tissue Therapist can't only be about our application of hands-on strategies, we need to go deeper and acknowledge the emotional/psychological impact of these surgeries on the women we serve and then know how to reach them in our communities. This education will give you the tools to know more, do more and serve deeper.
Intake + Live Stream Dates For 2021 Will Be Posted Shortly
Your Total Investment:£497
9 Monthly Instalments @ £55.22
6 Monthly Instalments @ £82.83
3 Monthly Instalments @ £165.67
2 Monthly Instalments @£248.50
If you'd like to be notified about this education when 2021 dates are set, please join the WAIT LIST below.
Your Tutor: Jenny Burrell
Jenny Burrell is the Head of Burrell Education and with over 20 years dedicated to the fitness, soft-tissue therapy, nutrition of and wellness of the Pregnant, Post Natal and Peri-to-Post-Menopausal woman. Jenny travels the globe as a highly sought after international presenter and is also the creator of Holistic Core Restore®, a ground breaking, integrated suite of Pelvic Health programmes designed for women at all life phases and leads a global group of close to 100 Licensees that span the globe. Burrell Education is dedicated to elevated the 'art and soul of serving women' to it's highest level.....#justaimforexcellent! You can find out more about Jenny, Burrell Education and Holistic Core Restore® here.