That title got your attention didn't it!
In a time when everyone is obsessed with restricting, it's almost akin to swearing in church to advocate eating more, but that's not quite what I meant....I meant, eat like MY DOG - PRINCESS POPPY!
It's a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, and as my body and brain is in non-work mode, I thought I'd do a 'light' post without all the latin and facts and absoultely nothing to do with Pregnancy and Post Natal, so here goes.......
I do believe that dear Poppy has greater emotional and literal intelligence than most human beings....and all the dog owners out there know what I mean here... this is the regime she employs to keep her figure:
1. She employs INTERMITTENT FASTING, somedays she eats masses, somedays not much at all.
2. Poppy always drinks her water, all day long.
3. Poppy doesn't eat sweet things, processed food, trans fats or anything rubbish - just high class OPTIMUM NUTRITION dog food.
4. Oddly for a dog, she loves fish! A bit of smoked salmon goes down very well 🙂
5. She rests, lols around and sleeps most of the day in the comfiest spot in the house - some posh furry cushions ON MY BED!
6. She takes formal exercise 3 times a day and is always gagging for it, if I just mention the word OUT and she's on my heels til we head out.
7. When on the lead, she heads off at a pace, employing the POWER WALKING STRATEGY.
8. When released from her lead she bombs around the park for 20 mins employing the HIGH INTENSITY INTERVAL TRAINING STRATEGY.
9. Nevermind 8 hours sleep, I'm sure she's on more like 14! Truly and obviously obeying her CIRCADIAN RYTHMNS!
10. She is friendly, outgoing, extremely good natured and likes EVERYONE! She therefore is welcomed everywhere she goes and is always treated well by humans and her other doggy pals - OBVIOUSLY HAS VERY GOOD SELF-ESTEEM.
11. She is never angry, growly or bitey.....unless you are the postman.....what is that?
12. She has high emotional intelligence ie., shifts very quickly when I start swearing and stays very very close when I cry.
13. She only gets stressed when little children are around...she is scared of them for some reason! If they are in the park when she arrives, she turns around to leave. A perfect demonstration of knowing what's good for her and walking away from things that aren't. I BET HER CORTISOL ISN'T VERY HIGH!
14. She accepts all kind words and deeds offered graciously - tail wags when you praise her and you could easily get a numb arm just sitting there rubbing her belly for over an hour 🙂 SHE OBVIOUSLY HAS HIGH SELF-WORTH!
15. Finally, she hates going in the car!!!! Just pure organic walking for this simple girl.
Hhmmmm....so back to the title, don't you agree - EAT, REST AND LIVE like Poppy and we've got it licked!