IT'S TIME! Time for the conversation regarding Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Incontinence, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, why women may begin lose continence as they age and at other key life stages to be truly out in the open and common-place.
IT'S TIME for EVERY movement, fitness and wellness profession serving women to truly acknowledge the FUNDAMENTAL role Pelvic Health and well-being has in the life of their female clients and that without this fundamental part of the puzzle being in check, we're actually trying to building a 'strength and movement' house on faulty foundations!
It's actually now quite common to see incontinence pad manufacturers and advertisers offering their 'solution' to incontinence by 'sexing up' the selling of incontinence wear! Their aim is to absolutely 'normalize' leaking and the wearing of incontinence pads which in turn actually seeks to disempower women and prevent them from realizing that in most cases, there is a LOT they can do to help their own personal situation. From changes to their nutrition to consistently applying an evidence-based and effective Pelvic Health Exercise Programme.
IT'S TIME TO BALANCE THE SCALES HERE!
Both the women we all serve (the leaky runners and the non-jumpers) and the global stats tell us that Pelvic Dysfunction is actually very COMMON with 1 in 3 women reporting some degree of Pelvic Dysfunction but the TRUE MESSAGE needs to include:
- Women need to have ZERO TOLERANCE regarding any level of dysfunction or leaking.
- There is ALWAYS something that can be done and help that can be found.
- Dysfunction isn't simply an expected by-product of ageing and birthing.
- There are specialist movement and clinical professional specially trained to help with these issues.
- If something doesn't feel right or function like it did before, that's more than a good enough reason to seek help until YOU feel satisfied with the answer.
- Women MUST become their own 'health heroines' and the ultimate advocates for their health within the 'health system'. Nobody will fight as hard as you for your health and getting the solutions you need, so it's time to get educated, get purposeful and get solutions.
So, Michelle Lyons and Jenny Burrell decided to create this ONLINE - GLOBALLY ACCESSIBLE Workshop, to help ALL Movement, Fitness and Wellness Professionals SERVING WOMEN to get 100% clear on the facts so that you can take this information back to the women you serve and begin the process of TRUE EMPOWERMENT!
This ONLINE Workshop is for you if you want to get 100% clear on......
- The global stats on female incontinence and Pelvic Dysfunction and why this subject is EVERY Movement and Fitness Professionals 'business' - all women we serve have Pelvic Floor muscles and Pelvic Organs! They are part of the 'Core', we can't train for speed, strength, stability or indeed LIFE, without this essential component co-ordinating and functioning well.
- Pelvic Anatomy and Function - we'll make the complexed very, very simple. It's ESSENTIAL that every professional knows where everything's located, attached to, the correct anatomical names and how/why dysfunction occurs.
- The role of the Pelvic Floor in lumbopelvic stability, continence, organ support and sexual health.
- The types of incontinence/bladder and bowel dysfunction.
- The relationship of the Pelvic Floor to the rest of the Core including the Diaphragm and respiration, the lumbothoracic region and the hip complex.
- Diastasis Recti and Pelvic Dysfunction - the under-recognised link.
- How to properly cue Pelvic Floor activation in women and men. Key terms/phrases to guarantee client success.
- Signs that indicate Pelvic Floor 'weakness' versus 'overactivity'.
- Alignment and Pelvic Dysfunction.
- Simple strategies and resources for ‘downtraining’ a diagnosed 'overactive' Pelvic Floor.
- The types of Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP).
- Training for Pelvic Floor co-ordination and full range of motion.
- Constipation, lifting, toileting and pressure management for life!
- How to screen your clients for PFD including types of incontinence – bladder, bowel, pelvic pain, ortho dysfunction and POP
- What are the 'Pelvic Health Red Flags'? When to refer out? To whom? How establish links with clinicians and create your referral network.
- The principles of Integrated Functional Pelvic Floor Exercise – BEYOND KEGELS and tighten, tighten, tighten!
- What is ‘Pelvic Floor Safe’ Exercise?
- Modifying exercise for those experiencing Pelvic Dysfunction
- Understanding Intra-Abdominal Pressure (IAP) and how to manage it – understand how different exercises and positions have different IAP implications. What happens when we breath hold? Technique matters as much as/maybe even more than the specific exercise.
- Pelvic Health and Back Pain Overview - the potential for dysfunction.
- Pelvic Health and the Female Athlete Overview – the potential for dysfunction.
- Pelvic Health in Pregnancy Overview – the potential for dysfunction.
- Pelvic Health in Post Natal Period Overview - the potential for dysfunction.
- Pelvic Health in the 3rd Age (Peri-to-Post Menopause) Overview - the potential for dysfunction.
Our sincerest goal is to NORMALIZE this education for ANYONE working with women. The goal is to finally remove the secrecy and stigma around any type of Pelvic Dysfunction and ensure that it becomes a normal and natural part of any wellness professionals pre-screening. The aim is to ensure we can ask the right questions, be able to interpret the responses and KNOW 100% what our next move is to better serve our female clients. As previously stated, the 'Pelvic Health' conversation is everyone's business if you're in the HEALTH, MOVEMENT AND WELLNESS BUSINESS SERVING WOMEN!