Join Jenny Burrell for this wonderfully nurturing 2-Day HOMAGE to the art-form that is Pregnancy Massage and Remedial Therapy
Right from the beginning of my soft tissue therapy journey I’ve been slightly obsessed with the working with the Pregnant client. I was encouraged to create this education by being a fully-booked practitioner whose clients always commented how challenging it was to find a both ‘nurturing and discomfort relieving massage’. The nurturing, supportive and intuitive element of this work continues to be the most rewarding aspect of my teaching and working life.
And in this BRAND NEW EDUCATION, I bring together the best of Massage and Remedial Therapy techniques plus use of tools such as Silicone Cupping and Instrument Assisted Massage and Kineseotaping specially modified for the Pregnant client to both support, nurture and improve your clients’ comfort throughout the Trimesters.
I’m positive that whether you are updating your current skills or at the begin of your journey this education will quite literally light a fire under your passion, skillset and capacity to serve deeply and get better outcomes for your clients.
If you are a certified Massage Therapist or Physiotherapist wanting to extend your offerings to help the Pregnant / Post Natal client or a fitness/movement professional with Pregnant/Post Natal clients and a massage qualification, this weekend CPD course will give you a ready-to-go, entire skill-set to help you create a stand-out service that will keep clients coming back time-after-time and keep them referring for you.
2024 DATES COMING SOON
- Pregnancy System Changes (Respiratory, Cardiovascular etc.,) video presentation with Midwife Educator Louise Hartin
- Common Ailments in Pregnancy into the Post Natal Period video presentation with Midwife Educator Louise Hartin
- Contraindications to therapy and how to refer your clients onto Health Care Providers who can help them.
- Fascia Science, The Myofascial System, Thomas Myers’ Myofascial Lines and Biotensegrity Theory during Pregnancy.
- Pre-Screening the Pregnant Soft Tissue Therapy Client Video Presentation + Handouts
- A Trimester by Trimester Journey Through the UK Health Care System – video interview Community Midwife Nina Parnham – P@ndemic Update
- ‘When to Call The Midwife During Pregnancy and the Post Natal Period – video interview Community Midwife Nina Parnham – P@ndemic Update
- Links to Full Obstetric and Gynaecology Guidelines and Resources for the UK
Course Contents LIVE
- Fully illustrated hard-copy manual.
- How to assess the myofascial/musculoskeletal changes that occur during Pregnancy and remain into the post birth period
- How to position, support and massage the Pregnant client – elevated supine, side-lying supported by bolsters.
- How to use a sheet for ‘draping’ the Pregnant client for better temperature control and coverage instead of towels.
- How to modify the traditional massage strokes, when the client is in the side-lying position and without working in the prone position.
- Learning and Adapting Soft Tissue Release (STR) skills (Shorten, Lock, Stretch) for the Pregnant client
- Adapting appropriate Contract/Relax Methods for use in the Natal period. You’ll be introduced you to the concept of ‘1 second PIR’.
- Adapting the use of Silicone Cupping for the Pregnant Client
- Adapting the use of Instrument Assisted Massage for the Pregnant Client
- Appropriate massage mediums during the Pregnancy
- How to create a ‘stand-out’ welcoming and nurturing treatment and environment for your clients.
- How to offer a polished, second-to-none STAND-OUT service – EVERYTIME!
- Soft Tissue ‘Fixes’ for the Pregnancy Top 10 – Piriformis Pain, Anterior Knee Pain, Jaw Pain, ITB Pain/Restriction, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Upper Back Pain, Lower Back Pain, Pelvic Girdle Pain, DeQuervain’s Syndrome and Foot Pain.
Post Course Content
- ETERNAL ACCESS to beautiful video recordings of ALL the strategies and techniques used over the weekend including assessment and screening strategies.
- PDF Downloads of client screening forms for both the Pregnant and the Post Natal client.
- How to perform a static and dynamic Alignment Assessment including key palpation points for the Natal client – instructional video.
- Your education will include a bonus module on Optimal Nutrition for Healing in the Post Natal period (1 hour pre-recorded lecture) which you’ll access in full in the post-course content.
- **BUSINESS CONTENT**How to Attract, Retain and Gain Referrals by Creating Your Signature Offering – A Step By Step Guide.
Course Pre-Requisites & Accreditation
- You must already be a fully certified Massage Therapist or Physio Therapist with hands-on skills and this is a CPD where you are advancing on from basic massage skills.
- This CPD has been fully accredited by the Sports Therapy Association, Thinktree, NASM + CIMSPA.
- The total GLH (guided learning hours) for this course is 35 hours.
BONUS CONTENT! – This is a 2 Certification Course and includes ‘access on purchase’ to the full ONLINE Certification: Kineseotaping for the Pregnant and Post Birth Client Worth £397.