By Jenny Burrell BSc (Hons), Founder of Burrell Education,
Leading-Edge Pregnancy, Post Natal and Female-Centric Fitness & Therapy, London, UK.
The NO-DIET FAT LOSS 10 COMMANDMENTS
1. INSULIN IS ONE OF OUR MASTER HORMONES IN TERMS OF FAT LOSS – TO PREVENT FAT BEING STORED WE NEED TO GOOD CONTROL OVER IT. For most people this means 3 things, reduce/moderating their intake of STARCHY CARBS, CUTTING BACK ON ALCOHOL AND AVOIDING SUGAR – YOUR OVERALL DAILY INTAKE SHOULD LOOK LIKE THE PLATE ABOVE.
2. Eat more protein especially in the morning (first meal of the day), it sets the scene for your intake for the remainder of the day ie., you will crave less carbs.
3. Focus on avoiding C.R.A.P – NOT COUNTING CALORIES! Limit starchy carbs, refined sugar, alcohol and packaged/processed foods.
4. Keep well hydrated – aim for 2 litres of water a day – add a little Himalayan mountain salt and the juice of ½ a lemon to ‘supersize’. Water is VITAL TO FAT LOSS.
5. Supplement – Omega 3 and a High Quality Multi-Vitamin & Mineral daily– GOOD FATS ARE VITAL TO FAT LOSS, they will also keep your blood sugar levels much more even and ward of cravings for not-so-great-for-you fatty foods.
6. Perform 20 mins of High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) 3-4 times per week that involves whole body movements – THIS PUSHES YOUR BODY TO BURN MORE FAT. You need to get HOT, SWEATY, OUT OF BREATH AND YOUR MUSCLES NEED TO BURN. Intensity and brevity are king. Forget about hours on the treadmill. Get going, work hard, go home!
7. Increase your general level of walking and lower level activity on the days when you are not performing HIIT.
8. Perform some kind of stretching daily & prioritize rest/quiet time – INACTIVITY IS JUST AS VITAL AS ACTIVITY. Have a go at resurecting the noble art of doing NOTHING!
9. Identify your stressors and start work to eradicate or minimize them – STRESS MAKES YOU FAT!
10. Base your daily intake and actions on the fact that: YOU ONLY GET 1 BODY, WE ARE NOTHING WITHOUT OUR HEALTH AND VITALITY. Movement and great nutrition are your way of showing daily gratitude for the body and health you have been gifted.
Do you need 25 snappy, easy to understand articles like this one specifically for your Pre/Post Natal clients?
Visit the shop to check out the titles!
to view the titles of 25 expertly written articles perfect for your newsletter and blog. I've done the hard work so you don't have to :-).