- A better looking & functioning belly?
- A non-leaky pelvic floor?
With over a decade of experience working with this client population, the tools and strategies to tackle all of these areas have never been more effective, plentiful and easy to implement.
1. Let’s start with post baby fat loss. A bit of a tricky subject if you’re not able to get with the science. There are a few key factors why post baby clients hold fat:
- The heightened Cortisol during pregnancy, remains high after birth and this situation is not helped by the added stressors of the early post birth period, poor sleep patterns and for some, the hormonal influence on fat stores perpetuated by on-going breast feeding. It’s a complexed subject but here Jade Teta of the Metabolic effect succinctly explains one of the mysteries of why many women DO NOT lose fat when they breastfeed unless perhaps you are Victoria Beckham or Abbey Clancey :-)!
- The next key area of the post baby fat loss conundrum is EXERCISE INTENSITY. I could write forever on this but basically, the magic bullet for blitzing fat stores is INTENSITY NOT TIME! Unfortunately, most people don’t like to get uncomfortable (literally and metaphorically) so rarely go there! Unfortunately, discomfort is a vital key to effective exercising in shorter sessions that have huge fat burning/hormonal shifting potential for HOURS AFTER YOUR ACTUAL EXERCISE SESSION! Here are the generally accepted key elements of a metabolism boosting, fat busting session:
a) It’s short 20-30 mins maximum
b) Contains compound, integrated, functional movement – no individual ‘body-part’ exercising here! OK, may just bi’s and tri’s 😉 firm arms mean the world to us girls!
c) The exercise makes you sweat
d) The exercise makes your muscles burn
e) You get out of breath
f) You get hot
g) You push yourself ie., get a little uncomfortable
h) You don't over-rest within the training period
The third component of successful post baby fat loss is Optimum Re-Nutrition. Pregnancy, birthing through to the early post birth period is a time of depletion for the mother. When the dust has settled, a key consideration is to re-nourish the body, replenishing depleted stores of essential vitamins and minerals that ensure her system regains balance and functions optimally. Many clients have no idea of the positive nutritional potency of many everyday foodstuffs and conversely how harmful to health many foods in their current diet are too – mainly those that come in packets! These days it really seems that we’ve finally nailed it! We have a long-term formula that actually works in terms of health, wellbeing, offsetting later life disease and helping us to consistently shed and keep fat off. Basically it boils down to: Get rid of, or at the very least CONSISTENTLY LIMIT the C.R.A.P in our diets– starchy carbohydrates and grains, refined foods and to be honest any sugar, alcohol and processed/packaged foods. Following these protocols will have a transformational effect on your clients’ energy, wellbeing and fat loss potential. Insulin is the master hormone for fat loss and once you get out of the sugar-trap, the results are amazing but for a lot of people a diet consisting mainly of restricted quantities of carbohydrates, protein, vegetables and selected fruit is challenging....that is, until they see the fat falling away. Based on my own personal and client experience, I created a cut and paste Post Baby Fat Loss manual that you can plug into your business almost automatically to establish your own system for POST BABY FAT LOSS THROUGH OPTIMUM NUTRTION.
2. Energy - Short, energising exercise session, a great diet, some key supplementation (high quality multivit, essential fats), good hydration and a dedicated strategy for resting as much as possible and not trying to be superwoman during this challenging life phase will go a long way to ensuring that your mommy has hugely improved energy levels. Top tip: If funds permit, suggest to clients that they find someone to help with the big cleaning jobs a few hours a week can be transformational and probably not far off the price of the 2 bottles of wine they won’t be consuming per week anymore.
Read Part 2 Here