Welcome to this truly ground-breaking new ENTRY LEVEL Soft Tissue Massage Therapists Certification from Burrell Education.
Once enrolled upon the course you will study three distinct units which are mapped to the National Guidelines for Level 3 Therapeutic Massage so you have a CONCRETE theoretical and hands-on foundation..... THEN you'll study the modules that make this entry level education REALLY SPECIAL AND UNIQUE.
We thought long and hard about what a Soft Tissue Therapy entry-level education needs to include, look and feel like in 2020 and beyond and felt that with a lot of the theory delivered deeply of online, we could go way further with the hands-on elements to create more accomplished, sentient and attuned Therapists right from the start.
The world has changed before our very eyes and touch, talk and restorative therapies will be at the forefront of how people heal, recover and recalibrate both their bodies and nervous systems in order to go forward in health. We are highly confident that Touch Therapies will play a VITAL ROLE in the global recovery of the human species. So, if you are considering Soft Tissue Therapy as the next step in your career, we feel that there has literally never been a better time both for you to take the first steps on what will be an amazing journey and Burrell Education would very much like to part of this.
The other reason why this Foundation Certification is TRULY SPECIAL is because it has been unashamedly created with TREATING WOMEN in mind. For decades, women therapist who'll primary go on to treat women have been using Sports Massage as their first step into the world of touch.....interesting right? Especially when very few will go on to work with male athletes and actually want to specialize in Women's Wellness and only treat women. For sure Women are athletes too and the 'sport of life and motherhood' for the modern woman truly means that she's an endurance athlete most days 🙂 and this fact and the fact that WOMEN ARE NOT MEN means that an education supporting such therapists is probably way overdue!
So, what happens when your first step into this wide is delivered through a 'female lens', deeply preparing you to work with a woman's body as she journies through all her major life phases? What happens if from the get-go we focus on deep attunement to the client, fascial and touch science, holding space for women ALONGSIDE everything that usually is part of a 'first-step massage course'? We get therapists who are deeply knowledgeable about the women underneath their hands - all the better to serve them how they NEED AND DESERVE to be served!
THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL DIPLOMA - NO PREVIOUS MASSAGE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Applying the Foundation of Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology, you will learn how to perform a bespoke, 'problem-solving' Soft Tissue Therapy treatment and lifestyle guidance underpinned by the learning below:
- Anatomy, Physiology, Body Systems and Soft Tissue Science
- Soft Tissue Therapy and Whole Body Massage
- Current science of massage/touch/bodywork
- Current fascia and connective tissue health science
- The Vagus Nerve, Vagal Tone and Polyvagal Theory for the Soft Tissue Therapist
- Client Assessment and Screening - in static during ADL's + Functional Movement Capabilities
- Full body assessment and massage using a variety of techniques - Palpation, Efflurage, Petrissage
- Advanced problem-solving strategies such as PIR, STR and other MET's
- Screening for and facilitating Optimal Respiration Rehab
- The Female Core + Respiration
- Introduction to Current Pain Science
- Introduction to Myofascial Release techniques
- Principles of Anti-Inflammatory Nutrition for healthy connective tissue
- Ongoing Soft Tissue Therapy Considerations - The Perinatal Woman
- Ongoing Soft Tissue Therapy Considerations + the Peri to Post Menopause Woman
- Guest SUPERSTAR 'Female Wellness' Tutor Presentations - From the aging Myofascial System to Diabetic Neuropathies - these presentation aim to bring to life the impactful role of the Soft Tissue Therapist in the space of 'whole women wellness'.
Business & Client Care Practices for Soft Tissue Massage Therapists
- The ESSENTIALS of creating a Therapeutic Alliance with your clients to improve adherence to wellness guidance and self-care beyond the couch
- The ESSENTIALS of setting up your new Soft Tissue Therapy business
- Creating a polished, profitable and passion-filled business and offering THAT YOU AND YOUR CLIENTS ADORE!!
- Re-imagining the treatment environment and client interaction strategies
- Therapists appearance and choice of 'uniform'
- Creating a professional yet attuned relationship with each client
- Prior to, in-session and post-session client care
- Current Legislation, good practice, legal obligations and working practices
- Client screening and consultation including contraindications and restrictions to the application of Soft Tissue Therapies
- Programming client after-care to enhance in-person therapy and client self-efficacy
- Creating a ‘Future Proof’ Business - considerations for creating a Soft Tissue Therapy business BEYOND being hands-on
- Introduction to 'Coaching Client Change + Goal Setting and Achieving' to help you to support your client in becoming their own HEALTH HERO
Inspirational addition content from leaders in the field of Pain Science, Biomechanics, Foot Health and Mechanics, Business and Marketing and so much more. We all know that the quickest way to advance is to learn directly from those more experienced in the field you're entering. With this in mind, we intend to bring a living series of 'best in class' interviews from touch practitioners hailing from varied fields to inspire you right from the beginning of your journey as a Soft Tissue Therapist.
How Will You Be Supported, Assessed + Accreditation
- You will be supported via a dedicated Student FB Group where you'll have access to the Tutorial and Admin Team.
- You will be supported via bespoke FB Lives and/or Zoom 'Integration Study Hall' Tutorials according to student need. Our goal is to support you fully throughout your course journey not just on the face-to-face weekends.
- You will be required to have a 100% attendance record of 6 full weekend of hands-on and theoretical tutorials + successful completion of ALL online practical and theoretical tutorials.
- You will be required to complete of 30 away-from-class log booked treatments over a time period of your course as part of your hands-on and reflective practice
- You will be required to achieve a pass grade of 75% for all tests and a final, invigilated hands-on practical exam
- You will be required to successfully complete all 'End of Modules Multiple-Choice Tests' within the Online Learning Content with a minimum pass-mark of 75%
- This course has been accredited as a Level 3 Qualification by ThinkTree and is awaiting accreditation by the STA
- All students will receive a complimentary copy of The Concise Book of Muscles 4th Edition
Weekend 1: Thursday 26th + Friday 27th May
Weekend 2: Thursday 23rd + Friday 24th June
Weekend 3: Thursday 21st + Friday 22nd July
Weekend 4: Thursday 22nd + Friday 23rd September
Weekend 5: Thursday 20th + Friday 21st October
Weekend 6: Thursday 3rd + Friday 4th November
Practical Exam Weekend: Thursday 24th or Friday 25th November (90 mins)
Course Limited to 12 Candidates Only
As of 10th March, 2022, we have 3 places remaining
Total Investment = £1,970 over 36 months = £55/month