Welcome to this truly ground-breaking new ENTRY LEVEL Soft Tissue Massage Therapists Certification from Burrell Education.
Once enrolled upon the course you will study three distinct units which are mapped to the National Guidelines for Level 3 Sports Massage so you have a CONCRETE theoretical and hands-on foundation..... THEN you'll study the modules that make this entry level education REALLY SPECIAL AND UNIQUE.
We thought long and hard about what a Soft Tissue Therapy entry-level education needs to include, look and feel like in 2020 and beyond and felt that with a lot of the theory delivered deeply of online, we could go way further with the hands-on elements to create more accomplished, sentient and attuned Therapists right from the start.
The creation of this certification has been deeply 'informed' by the Global Pandemic that we are currently experiencing. The world has changed before our very eyes and touch, talk and restorative therapies will be at the forefront of how people heal, recover and recalibrate both their bodies and nervous systems in order to go forward in health. We are pretty confident that Touch Therapies will play a VITAL ROLE in the global recovery of the human species. So, if you are considering Soft Tissue Therapy as the next step in your career, we feel that there has literally never been a better time both for you to take the first steps on what will be an amazing journey and Burrell Education would very much like to part of this.
THIS IS AN ENTRY LEVEL DIPLOMA - NO PREVIOUS MASSAGE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Anatomy, Physiology and Soft Tissue Science
- Soft Tissue Therapy and Whole Body Massage
- Business and Coaching Practices for Soft Tissue Therapists incl Health + Safety Procedures
You will study Anatomy, Physiology and Current Soft Tissue Science which includes the following:
- The Anatomy and Function of All Body Systems: Skeletal, Muscular, Circulatory, Lymphatic, Neurological, Endocrine, Respiratory, Digestive, Urinary, Reproductive and Fascial Systems.
- Anatomical Planes and Body Positions
- The Anatomy of Skin, Hair and Nails
- Common Pathologies Affecting Each Body System
Applying the Foundation of Knowledge of Anatomy and Physiology, you will learn how to perform a bespoke, 'problem-solving' Soft Tissue Therapy treatment underpinned by the learning below:
- Current science of massage/touch/bodywork
- Current fascia and connective tissue health science
- Client Assessment and Screening - in static and dynamic postures
- Full body assessment and massage using a variety of techniques - Palpation, Efflurage, Petrissage
- Advanced problem-solving strategies such as PIR, STR and other MET's
- Optimal Respiration Rehab
- Introduction to current Pain Science
- Introduction to Myofascial Release techniques
- Principles of anti-inflammatory nutrition for healthy connective tissue
Business & Client Care Practices for Soft Tissue Massage Therapists
- The ESSENTIALS of setting up your new Soft Tissue Therapy business
- Creating a polished, profitable and passion-filled business and offering THAT YOU AND YOUR CLIENTS ADORE!!
- Re-imagining the treatment environment and client interaction strategies
- Therapists appearance and choice of 'uniform'
- Creating a professional yet attuned relationship with each client
- Prior to, in-session and post-session client care
- Current Legislation, good practice, legal obligations and working practices
- Client screening and consultation including contraindications and restrictions to the application of Soft Tissue Therapies
- Programming client after-care to enhance in-person therapy and client self-efficacy – Students Receive Access to the ‘Maintaining Fascial Flow’ Movement Library
- Creating a ‘Future Proof’ Business - considerations for creating a Soft Tissue Therapy business BEYOND being hands-on
- Introduction to 'Coaching Client Change + Goal Setting and Achieving' to help you to support your client in becoming their own HEALTH HERO.
Inspirational addition content from leaders in the field of Pain Science, Biomechanics, Foot Health and Mechanics, Business and Marketing and so much more. We all know that the quickest way to advance is to learn directly from those more experienced in the field you're entering. With this in mind, we intend to bring a living series of 'best in class' interviews from touch practitioners hailing from varied fields to inspire you right from the beginning of your journey as a Soft Tissue Therapist.
How Will You Be Supported, Assessed + Accreditation Bodies
- You will be supported via a dedicated Student FB Group where you'll have access to the Tutorial and Admin Team.
- You will be supported via bespoke FB Lives and/or Zoom Tutorials according to student need. Our goal is to support you fully throughout your 5 month journey not just on the face-to-face weekends.
- You will be required to have a 100% attendance record of 5 full weekend of hands-on and theoretical tutorials + successful completion of ALL online practical and theoretical tutorials.
- You will be required to complete of 40 (combined) in-class and away-from-class log booked treatments over a time period of 5 months.
- You will be required to achieve a pass grade for a final, invigilated hands-on practical exam which includes oral questioning
- You will be required to successfully complete all 'End of Modules Multiple-Choice Tests' within the Online Learning Content
- We will be seeking Accreditation for this education at Level 3 from ThinkTree and FHT
Total Investment = £1,750 over 36 months = £49/month